Thursday, September 4, 2008

The New Beginning

This week in our basement I found another Bible. This one is different it is called The Answer a translation of our time. I have really been enjoying reading this one because it is such easy reading. Well yesterday I had read up to Genesis Chapter 8 Noah and the building of the Ark..( I am reading slower and of coarse with two busy toddlers..i really want to understand what Im reading) Anyway last night after having a late nate from church and all I was drawn to read a little more...I went to bed and know without a doubt I was woken up to read the next chapter in this new translation. It was on God's promise after the flood HE sent the rainbow. I read that sometime after midnight and quickly said thank you Lord and went to bed praying I hope the kids sleep in so I can get some rest. This morning someone woke me to show yet another sign to me. This time it was actually my husband before he left for work, he said he wanted to show me something and it was outside. I thought crawling out of the bed, Oh this better be good as Im wiping the sleep from my eyes. I hadnt had a chance to tell my eager husband of the bible study I was up reading so late in the night, so he had no clue what God had for me. As I went to the window..I just stood there smiling, a little teary eyed..What an amazing sight.. The next amazing thing I was reading about Moses seeing a glimpse of God and the radiance the people could see from Moses on his face. My prayer was God I know you STILL show up in different ways...Like Moses I want that too! Show me Your Glory Lord....WOW and HE DID!! Makes me realize to stop and not miss ways HE really does show up!! We must be paying attention. I mean do we really want to miss seeing HIS goodness?It may consist of us just to STOP and be STILL and know that HE is GOD.. Thanks for reading such a long blog...Did not want to miss this opportunity to share with you. Just Is incredible to me...Have a BLESSED DAY :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. So Beautiful...Our God is so good.

    Love You
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It was kinda weird reading this blog, as you were telling the story about the rainbow, and before i ever read what you said about Josh waking you up and telling you to come look, I thought to myself "it would be neat if it were the rainbow" and as i read thats what it was. Thats awesome! Like you said God was there again. I thought that to myself about the rainbow b/c our friend Jesse sent us a pic of the rainbow as he passed through Pleasantview that am on his way to work.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete