Friday, January 13, 2012

My sweet little girl... On Growing up..and Giving of yourself..what does that mean?

The first two pictures are 5-14-10 when Makayla donated her hair for the first time. She has been asking to donate again. Today 1-13-12, she cut her hair once more to donate. I was such a blessed momma as the lady asked her three times if she wanted to wait till she had enough for her hair to touch her shoulders. I too asked if maybe we should wait another month or so since the lady said it would be short. Without hesitation Makayla insisted and that she was ready to give it away.

 

She looks so grown up here...Many times we hear parents are to teach their kids...I know many times over God has used her (and Drew) to teach me.

Blessed of her giving heart and how she knows that her hair is "really" not hers. For everything belongs to God. So may HE be Glorified and bless who receives something as little to us like hair but may be something much bigger to someone else.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment