Since Im not too big a fan of Halloween I hold true to a scripture that always comes to mind.." This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
So I wanted to tell them something different then "the world" provides about Halloween. So I had read this.....Just like us, all the pumpkins were different. But there was something the same about every one of them--that yucky, slimy pulp on the inside!
The yucky, slimy pulp is like the sin (or I said bad choices) that is in us. Romans 3:23"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." THAT MEANS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US.
God has made a way that all our sin can be forgiven and washed away. God even says He will cast them as far as the East is from the West. Romans 5:8 "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
John 3:16 goes on to say: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."
After cleaning out that pumpkin, a "farmer" or you could say OUR FATHER.. gave the pumpkin a new face!The Bible says God can make us a new creation too. 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, THE NEW HAS COME!"
Matthew 5:16 "In the Same way, let YOUR LIGHT SHINE BEFORE MEN, that they may see your good deeds and PRAISE YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.
So we can become like that pumpkin--a GLORIOUS SIGHT FOR OTHERS TO SEE THE LOVE OF JESUS!
Now as you can tell from Makayla's pictures...I didnt like the sin either so like Eve did in the garden I waited for Josh to get home from work and had him take part in helping me finish...Scroll down for the light to shine!

Too Cute April..Isn't it wonderful being a mommy? Some of the things we do....Great faces April. Your still adorable.
ReplyDeleteLove You
Mom
I find these to be....HILARIOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well...and might get to see you guys soon....
Jeremy