Friday, May 13, 2011

Dear Wendy

I am sorry you were offended. I was referring to the comment about "when we there for only a week " meaning we didnt spend much time there, and the only time I did see a family who wasn't eating before us, I just happened to see this family during the blessing. I didnt mean that it didnt or does not happen in Colorado Springs. Being that we weren't there very long I simply stated what that lady told me and I quoted she said "there aren't many Christians in this area." So I don't feel at that point I was judging. I was saying what the mommy of three had said. I know Angie homeschool's her kids as well and being that we talked about missionaries this year we know there is a need everywhere. Not just Colorado..Funny thing is before our family even took this trip to Colorado, is that one day my daughter "just happen out of the blue said that she wanted to tell people about Jesus in Colorado".I have prayed that through bloging that nothing would be taken out of context and being that you can't hear one's tone through emails, texts or blogs is hard to understand the true tone. I am no better than anyone that's for sure. Everyday my prayer has been to die to self. I have been judgmental, prideful, and just plain sinful! I hate my flesh and praise God He has saved me by HIS grace. I pray you too would forgive me. We did visit Focus on the Family there and our kids really enjoyed their nice play land. Blessings to you and your family!

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your response. You are exactly right that it is very difficult to not have the written word be misconstrued when dealing with blogs, texts, e-mails, etc... because you can't see body language or hear the tone in which it was said. In truth, I probably read more into what you wrote then what you intended. You were moved to speak to a family who you witnessed praying before a meal and who stated to you that there weren't many Christians in the area. I took it to mean something different....that a whole area can be deemed un-Christian if certain rituals aren't observed. Sorry for the confusion. I have just found through living in many states and a few different countries, that those who profess the loudest about being Christian and try to "showcase" just how religious they are in public, have been the ones who definitely don't practice what they preach and are far from having a grace-filled heart. That is why your comment (that I did take out of context) bothered me. Sorry again for misinterpreting your words. Much happiness to you in your home-schooling adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how I have prayed this weekend for this whole situation. After your last couple of comments here that i deleted, I knew something was wrong and I was so confused. I needed time to pray and I even wrote Angie asking her and basically telling her I would not be putting in my two cents comments anymore not sure of how it sounded and did not want others to read into something that was so not what I intended. I guess i need advice from Angie how she writes being that God has gifted her in that area :) I do not want to come across as "Holier than thou" attitude. I certainly am not and pray by my lifestyle that is not the case and would hope some of my sisters in Christ would hold me accountable and put me in my place if that were so,( or if when that happens.) This blog is only read by a handful of close family and friends that really know me. And was basically started for me to journal just my pictures of my babies growing and so family who don't get to see them so often can.I am so glad God has softened both our hearts and hopefully satan DID NOT have too much of hay-day on that misunderstanding! Thank you for your forgiveness and understanding as well. Also Colorado is a beautiful state! God's creation is amazing. I can't even begin to fathom what the rest of HIS world looks like.

    Blessings!
    April

    ReplyDelete